Enzalutamide 40 mg is a commonly used medicine in the treatment of cancer, usually in the cases of prostate glands. The other conditions can also be tracked using this medicine, as ascertained by the doctor. The survival period gets extended in men with these problems. The drug initiates its action by obstructing the activities of male hormones like testosterone.
What is Enzalutamide 40 mg?
Enzalutamide 40 mg is a tablet used in cancer treatment of prostate glands. The original brand of this drug is Xtandi, and sometimes, it is also called Xtandi 40 mg capsules. It is produced under our brand Indenza. The frequency of the medicine may differ according to the doctor’s prescription or according to the severity of the case.
INDENZA (ENZALUTAMIDE 40 MG) can be taken with or without the intake of meals, but it is advised to take at a particular time each day to get the most benefits. There may be some side effects, but don’t stop taking medicine without consulting your doctor. Even if the benefits are not seen temporarily, you don’t need to worry because it may take some months or weeks to get results.
Use of INDENZA (ENZALUTAMIDE 40 MG)
To get desired results, it is important to take medicine in the right way. The dosage and duration of medicines should be followed, as advised by the doctor. Indenza can be taken with or without meals, but it gives better results when taken at a fixed time daily. There is no need for chewing, crushing, or breaking it. It can be taken as a whole pill.
If you forget a dosage of Indenza capsules, you should take it as early as possible or skip it until it’s time for the next dose of the medicine. You should not take a double dose; just follow your normal routine.
How the tablet works and quick tips
INDENZA (ENZALUTAMIDE 40 MG), falls in the category of anti-androgens. Indenza works by blocking the effects of the male hormones, mainly on the extension of the prostate’s cells. But if you are taking any medicines for treating infections or medicine for diabetes, kidneys, seizures, or liver problems, then inform the doctor beforehand. You should tell the doctor about all the medicines you are using presently. Indeza is explicitly prescribed for prostate cancer.
- With the flexibility of taking INDENZA (ENZALUTAMIDE 40 MG) with or without meals, you should take it at a fixed time every day.
- Do not perform any concentration activities or drive while taking this medicine.
- This drug may affect your skin, making it light-sensitive, so avoid exposing your skin directly to sunlight. Use sunscreens when needed.
- If you are a patient of diabetes, check your blood glucose level regularly while taking Indenza.
- You may need to go for regular blood tests to keep track of your liver function while taking Indenza. If you experience symptoms like dark urine, yellowing of skin or eyes, or a stomachache, then get in touch with your doctor.
Many of the side effects observed from taking INDENZA (ENZALUTAMIDE 40 MG) do not need any medical observations since it vanishes over time when the body gets used to it. Some of the usual side effects of Indenza are:
- Hot flashes
- High blood pressure
Consult your doctor if any of the side effects are very severe and start harming your daily routine.
- Don’t intake alcohol with Enzalutamide.
- It is not safe to use during pregnancy, but is allowed in some rare cases. Consult your doctor.
- It is unsafe to consume while breastfeeding.
- It affects your concentration abilities, so it is not advised to drive while taking this medicine.
- In the case of severe kidney or liver disease, this medicine is used with caution, and doses may be adjusted according to the doctor.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe