After, perhaps, the most tumultuous, polarizing, four years, in America, in recent memory, and, after, an election campaign, which seemed to never – end, it should not have surprised, anyone, the election, itself, including counting the votes, especially, due to the unprecedented number of mail – in, absentee ballots, due to this horrific pandemic, what this nation, and the planet, needs, is far more sanity, and calm! For many reasons, polls indicate, the level of polarization, and bipartisan politics (and extremism), is dangerous, and undesirable, and, if, it continues, for long, poses a threat to the health and well – being, of the country, and our world. Since the United States, is, such a significant influence, on world affairs, we need, to demand, future leaders, do these 7 things, instead of only considering their own, personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, what is needed, and necessary, sooner, instead of later.
1. Unify, instead of polarize: The politics of blaming, complaining, lying, and adversarial approaches, must not continue! To achieve, what is most needed, and necessary, we must demand, our public officials, prioritize, unifying, for the greater good, instead of polarizing, and continued, partisan politics (as – usual)!
2. Tell the truth: Instead of the same – old, same – old, it is,way, past – time, to demand, elected and public officials, tell the truth, in a clear, transparent way, and focus on the greater good!
3. Meeting – of – minds, for common good: Although, we have often, seen partisan politics, in the past, these last few years, have demonstrated, there is a need, to find common ground, and a meeting – of – the – minds, so the American public is better served, and represented, both, now, and into the future!
4. Realistic, relevant, sustainable planning/ preparation: We’ve witnessed. how the politics – of – denial, does not achieve adequate results, in realistic ways! We need relevant, sustainable planning, and preparation, to protect us, at – present, as well as, into the future. Our planet cannot afford denying, the dangers of Climate Change, and protecting our environment (especially, clean air and water)!
5. Strategic and action planning: We need quality, well – considered, strategic planning, in order to determine, the best path, forward! This must bring – forth, a true, action plan, which has the best chance, to make a change, for the better!
6. Evolve/ adapt/ protect Climate, and Environment: We can’t simply, continue, with the same – old, same – old, approaches, and a closed – mind! Rather, we must evolve to our evolving world, and adapt, how we proceed, especially, when it comes to the essential attention, to pay immediate attention, to Climate, and environmental issues, and protections!
7. Protect all Constitutional guarantees: Instead of selectively, protecting the rights, freedoms, and Constitutional guarantees, we need to enforce, all of them! That means, one can’t pay attention, for example, to the 2nd Amendment, while, trying to abridge 1st Amendment protections, etc.
If we want the United States, to continue, to be respected, both, at – home, and abroad, we need to set the example, for the better, especially, in terms of human rights, freedoms, liberty, and justice – for – all! Will you be part of the solution, or, of the problem?
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe